Creamy, spicy omelet
Egg white omelet with garlic, thyme, neufchatel cheese and mango-pineapple salsa.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
6 egg whites
2 tbsp Silk unsweetened coconut milk
1 tsp ground thyme
2 cloves fresh, minced garlic
1 tbsp light olive oil
3 tbsp Neufchatel cheese
3 tbsp mango-pineapple or other fruited salsa
1. Mince the garlic.
2. Heat the oil at low to medium-low heat.
3. Add the garlic to the oil, making sure to coat the garlic with oil.
4. Mix the coconut milk into the egg whites, and beat with a whisk until evenly blended.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the pan, and tilt the pan to evenly spread the mixture.
6. Set heat to low and cover.
7. Flip once the surface appears mostly dry.
8. Slice the cheese, arrange it on the egg, and spoon salsa over it.
9. Fold the omelet, replace cover, and heat for an additional five minutes, then serve.
Nutrition information (per livestrong.com):
Amount per Serving
Calories 179 Calories from Fat 106.4
Total Fat 11.82g
Saturated Fat 4.32g
Total Carbohydrate 4.67g
Dietary Fiber 0.07g
This entry was posted in Cooking
. Bookmark the permalink